4.11.07

stupid creatures


At a recent quilting retreat with a group of the most delightful people, I made these two fellows: Watson on the left; Campbell on the right. They are based on John Murphy's book, Stupid Sock Creatures. If ever one is stuck creatively, these are great for getting into that flow of no-thinking-just-making. Now, not everything is always perfect in that river of non-thought. There is a third creature, Matilda, who I just couldn't get right, no matter what I did. Or so I thought. The rest of the group thought that she was just fine, so she has gone home with one of them and has a support group through them. I was ready to dismantle her, but she was saved. Here she is with one of my handknitted sock monkeys. (I like the sock monkey better, even though he looks demented, I admit. Sigh.)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Watson's log cabin-esque details are great. I love his rather confused smirk as well. Fun, fun, fun!

Fibra Artysta said...

These are awesome! I bought that book some time ago and keep looking at it, you've inspired me to give them a try! :) Lynn

Anonymous said...

They are not stupid. Oddities yes but oh so cuddly.

Vivian said...

These characters get the CUTENESS award! What a great activity for a guild retreat!