26.8.09

water

Coastal Initiative
collage
7 inches wide x 7 inches high

I went to a one-day conference about environmental issues on the Great Lakes, specifically Lake Ontario. The event was held at the State University of New York College at Brockport, so in the afternoon, I drove just that little bit further north to Lake Ontario, given that I had been listening to stuff about it all day. And, of course, it's one of my most favorite places, so I had to go. Beautiful day. Algae-filled water. Couldn't help but think of the coliform that is being spewed by many of the creeks running into the lake, bringing with them run-off from agricultural fields and manure from dairy farms. It didn't stop me from wading in to pick up rocks and glass, though. Nope. This is what we have to work with, so. . .there it is.

What a place we have made for ourselves.

No comments: