7.9.09

domestic secrets

I Do the Dishes Once a Week
collage
7 inches wide x 7 inches high

One of my daydreams is that, one day, when I come home from work, the cat and the bird, with the help of the magic mousies, will have scoured and cleaned and dusted and vacuumed and mopped and dusted some more. I would like the house to have no dust bunnies—as much as I like bunnies, these are not very friendly ones. No cobwebs, either. Spiders are fine, actually, and every year there is some female who spins a little web under the sink in the little bathroom downstairs and gets fat, not just because she eats a lot, but because she is pregnant, which explains why she eats a lot, I guess. Then one day, there are teeny tiny little spiders all around. Really cute little things. And the mother goes away, the babies grow up, and build nests and it all continues. However, there is a limit to how many of them should be in all corners of the house, so they should be herded down into the basement, where a corner could be set off for them. The basement, too, needs an especially deep cleaning, something I will probably never ever get around to doing. It's enough to do the dishes once a week, so that each Sunday I have my Sunday mug clean and ready for coffee.

No comments: